What Is Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Filtration?
Reverse osmosis is a process that filters water using specialized membranes. Before water reaches your faucet, it is derived from a well or from a natural source, such as the ground, a river or lake, and is transported to a treatment center. Along the way, water can pick up hard water minerals, which may not be removed in the treatment center. A reverse osmosis system, however, can help reduce contaminants that might be in your water. Before water flows out of your faucet, the system will:
- Use pressure to push the water through specialized membranes
- Capture large molecules, including contaminants, while allowing the water to flow through the membrane
- Reduce contaminants and leave you with fresher, cleaner water
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water?
Many people don’t think twice about the water that comes from their taps – but they should. Drinking unfiltered water could cause implications for your home, like bad smelling or tasting water and stains and scale buildup on your water using appliances. It can also have negative health effects for those who drink it as certain contaminants, such excessive lead and arsenic, could result in heart issues. Water containing certain contaminants can cause:
- Foul odors: If you smell rotten eggs in your water, sulfate could be to blame.
- Unpleasant tastes: You may notice a metallic taste in your cooked food or beverages, which can result from excess iron in your water.
- Health problems: Certain contaminants, such as PFOS, lead and arsenic that might be in your water, can go undetected and pose a health risk. These contaminants have been linked to various reproductive and cardiovascular issues.
Using and drinking reverse osmosis water can help make a difference for your overall quality of life. Benefits of a reverse osmosis system include:
- Water that tastes, smells and feels better: With a reverse osmosis system, you can enjoy cleaner, better-tasting water for drinking and cooking.
- Reduced unwanted minerals: A reverse osmosis system helps to remove calcium and magnesium, the two most common minerals that cause hard water.
- Less lead in your water: Consuming large amounts of lead has been linked to increased blood pressure, reduced fertility and nerve damage. A reverse osmosis system can help reduce the lead from your water, making it safer for you and your loved ones.
- Remove bacteria and parasites: Reverse osmosis systems can help remove parasites, such as cryptosporidium, a common contaminant in lakes and rivers. Consumption of cryptosporidium has been linked to stomach cramps, fever and diarrhea.
- Reduced sodium: Large sodium particles are less likely to pass through the reverse osmosis membrane filter.
In addition to health and home benefits, a reverse osmosis system can also help to reduce the number of water bottles you purchase. This can help you save money while also offering a more environmentally-friendly solution.
What Is a Tankless Reverse Osmosis System?
Culligan’s Aquasential Tankless Reverse Osmosis System can help to provide better, cleaner and healthier water for you and your family. Compact and efficient, this reverse osmosis system delivers a continuous amount of filtered water without taking up extra space.
Here’s what you can expect with the Tankless RO system in your home:
- 95% less dissolved minerals, contaminants and particulates in your water
- Real-time analysis of you water and system, so you always know what is coming out of your faucet and if your system is working properly
- Better smelling and tasting water
Culligan’s Aquasential Tankless Reverse Osmosis System can deliver a continuous supply of filtered water, so your family never runs out. Whether you’re cooking, drinking a cup of coffee, or making ice for a refreshing cup of tea, get cleaner, better-tasting water when you need it most.
What Are the Different Culligan Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems Available?
Every household is different. That’s why we offer a range of Culligan Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems to choose from. See how they compare below.
Culligan Aquasential Tankless RO Drinking Water Filter System
Compact but powerful, this RO system can deliver 30x more water each day than traditional RO systems. Benefit from:
- Timely water quality and filter cartridge updates
- Leak detection and alerts
- Automatic cleaning
Aqua-Cleer® Advanced Under Sink Water Filter System
Equipped with 13 customizable filter options, this RO system was designed to tackle the unique water problems in your home. Benefit from:
- Electronic monitoring to ensure your system is working properly
- Convenient maintenance serviced by your local Culligan Water Expert when needed
- Your choice of designer faucets
AC-30 Good Water Machine® Under Sink Water Filtration System
This RO system can help remove contaminants that might be in your water that cause foul odors and tastes. Benefit from:
- A space-saving design
- An electronic monitor that lets you know your system is working properly
- Your choice of designer faucets
Not sure which RO system is right for you? Contact your local Culligan of Stockton Water Expert to find the best option for your home.